Saturday, March 27, 2010

Moving On....

Soon another football season will begin, complete with new challenges and expectations. For me the challenge will be a little different in 2010. I have accepted an opportunity to help coach the 4th grade team. This will give me the chance to work with new players from the beginning, much like I have with this team. Special thanks to head coach Eddie Souza for allowing me to join his Lions family, as well as coach Phyllis Souza, coach Greg Harrington, coach Finny Matua and coach Poi.

I'm grateful to all the young men I had the pleasure to coach the past three years, especially those who I coached since the 5th grade team of 2007, my first with the Lions: Carson Grisaffi, Li Lotovaivai, Kyle Schuman, Cody Shoopman, Jack Harrington, J.G. Goldsmith, Jorginho Souza, TJ Smith, Bryan Loughridge, Jalen Robinson, Jasen Dooley, Phil Truckey, Brendan Grassi-Carbone, and Nolan "Murdog" Murray.

For the first time I'll be like another fan while watching these Lions play their final season with LYFC. Best of Lion Pride to you all in 2010.

Coach Eric

No comments: